Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The Chinese embassy in Paris on Sunday urged the French government not to discriminate against Huawei as it selects suppliers for its 5G mobile network, saying it feared the company would face more constraints than rivals.China’s Huawei, a global giant in telecoms network equipment, is the center of an international political storm as the United States seeks to convince countries to ban the company from their mobile networks. Washington says its technology could allow “back doors” for Chinese spying – an allegation denied by Huawei and Beijing.France is in the early stages of rolling out its next-generation wireless technology, and the government’s stance over Huawei’s possible role still lacks clarity, according to some telecoms industry trade bodies. Some French media outlets have reported in recent months that the company could face restrictions in several cities. The Chinese embassy said in a statement on its website that it was “shocked and worried” by such reports, adding that French President Emmanuel Macron and other officials had given repeated assurances that all companies would be treated fairly.“If, due to security concerns, the French government truly does have to impose constraints on operators, it should establish transparent criteria around this and treat all companies equally,” said the embassy. It added that security fears about Huawei were unfounded.Huawei did not immediately respond to requests for comment, and the French economy ministry declined to comment.The embassy also said that China had used foreign companies such as Finland’s Nokia and Sweden’s Ericsson to equip its own domestic networks. “We do not wish to see the development of European companies in China affected due to discrimination against Huawei and protectionism in France and other European countries,” it said.France’s cybersecurity agency ANSSI, which is scrutinizing equipment from various suppliers, is due to issue its preliminary findings later this month.Some telecoms operators have already picked 5G equipment makers, with France’s Orange opting for Nokia and Ericsson.Britain has granted Huawei a limited role in its 5G roll-out, while the European Union has resisted pressure from Washington for an outright ban in its guidance to member states.The United States suggested in recent days it could consider taking a stake in Nokia and Ericsson to counter Huawei’s dominance in 5G technology.Topics :
Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Yusri Yunus said the escape of the 53-year-old man, who also goes by the name Cai Ji Fan, was discovered 11 hours after the fact.Yusri said the tower guard and another officer in charge of monitoring CCTVs at the penitentiary’s command center admitted they had been asleep during the incident.Cai left the penitentiary at 2:30 a.m. through a 30-meter-long tunnel he had dug over the past six months. Yusri said the police were still examining the possibility that other persons were involved in Cai’s escape.Cai was found guilty of drug trafficking and sentenced to death in 2017. Reuters reported that Cai had broken out of a Jakarta police detention center in 2017 by breaking a hole in a bathroom wall. The police have placed him on their most wanted list. (aly)Topics : Two prison officers at the Tangerang penitentiary in Banten have been suspended following the escape of Cai Changpan, a Chinese drug convict on death row, on Sept. 14.Law and Human Rights Ministry Corrections Directorate General spokesperson Rika Aprianti confirmed the move.”The head of security and the commander of the guard team when the incident occurred are temporarily dismissed from the Tangerang penitentiary and have been transferred to the Banten Law and Human Rights Regional Office,” Rika said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co, adding that both would still go through an investigation despite the transfer.
Loading… Promoted ContentA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Famous And Incredibly Unique Places In ThailandA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayThe 18 Most Visited Cities In The World8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The GlobeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made9 Most Disturbing Movie Dystopias14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowThe Best Cars Of All Time United then escaped a penalty call thanks to VAR when the ball struck Fernandez on the elbow in the area. There was to be no escaping the inevitable, though, as Sevilla took the lead for the first time on the night moments later. United switched off momentarily at the back, allowing Jesus Navas to cross from the right, with Lindelof and Wan-Bissaka both failing to mark De Jong, and the substitute prodded in from close-range. read also:LEAKED: Man Utd, Arsenal to open fixtures of 2020-21 season Solskjaer threw in Ighalo in the closing stages to help salvage the game, but the Nigerian forward could not add to his two goals in the tournament as Sevilla’s defence was equal to all the Premier League side launched at them. United end a long and tortuous campaign trophyless while the La Liga side progress to the Europa League final with the aim of claiming their sixth title. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Sevilla, the most decorated club in Europa League/UEFA Cup history with a record five titles, advanced to the final of the 2020 Europa League following the 2-1 defeat of Manchester United on Sunday. A come-from-behind win sees the La Liga side progress at the expense of a Red Devils side that was the bookmaker’s favourite on the night. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer started Nigeria’s Odion Ighalo on the bench, electing to prosecute the game with a front three of Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, and Marcus Rashford. The latter two played crucial roles in helping the Red Devils take the lead after just nine minutes. Carlos lunged in on Rashford after the English striker received a delightful reverse pass from Martial in the box, allowing Fernandes to open the scoring from the spot. However, Sevilla responded well, showed their quality on the ball, and crafted an equaliser, with Suso converting from Reguilon’s cross at the back post. One-all it was at the break with all to play for after the interval. United started the second half the better of the two sides, creating chances for fun, but Sevilla’s goalkeeper Bounou kept the Spanish team in the game with saves from Greenwood, Pogba, and Martial at different times.Advertisement
According to media reports, the overall transfer fee could rise to 180 million euros ($215 million) including add-ons, which would make Mbappe, 18, the second most expensive player ever behind his new teammate Neymar.“It is with great joy and pride that I join Paris Saint-Germain,” said Mbappe.“I really wanted to be a part of the clubâ€™s project, which is one of the most ambitious in Europe.“Alongside my new teammates, I intend to continue my progression while helping the team achieve the very big objectives it has set itself.”Mbappe burst onto the scene in the second half of last season and scored 15 goals in 29 appearances in Monaco’s run to the French title. He netted 26 times in 44 matches in all competitions.Brought up in the northern suburbs of Paris, Mbappe was compared to a young Thierry Henry as he first broke into the Monaco side in December 2015, just before his 17th birthday. He has won four caps for France.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram France international striker Kylian Mbappe joined Paris Saint-Germain from Monaco on a season-long loan thursday, just hours before the transfer deadline in a deal that could make him the second most expensive footballer in history.“Paris Saint-Germain is delighted to announce the immediate arrival of Kylian Mbappe,” the club wrote on its website.“The loan agreement also includes an option to buy which, when exercised, will bind the player to Paris Saint-Germain until June 30, 2022.”
0:23 Despite the defeat, Enyimba remain 4th on the NPFL log with 54 points, same as 3rd placed Akwa United who have a superior goal difference.RelatedNPFL: Enyimba Defeat ‘Very Big Blow’ For Rivers United – Eguma (AUDIO)February 4, 2019In “NPFl”NPFL: Eguma Happy To Break Sunshine Stars’ Jinx (AUDIO)December 23, 2019In “NPFl”Enyimba Condemns Rivers United Supporters, Urge LMC To Investigate Violence Against Players & OfficialsAugust 19, 2017In “Nigeria” Enyimba midfielder Ikechukwu Ibenegbu fondly called ‘Mosquito’, has blamed the centre referee, Salihu Tatabu for their 2-1 loss to Rivers United in a Match Day 35 tie of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) decided in Port Harcourt on Sunday.First half goals by Bernard Ovoke (4) and Abdoulaye Kanoute (29) helped the ‘Pride of Rivers’ secure all three points, with Koffi Atchou (34) scoring the lone goal for the 7-time NPFL Champions.The defeat represents a setback for Enyimba who are chasing continental football next year while Rivers United, on the other hand, moved further clear of the relegation zone.Asked whether he was disappointed with the outcome of the game during the post-match press conference, the former Heartland and El Kanemi Warriors star said:“Honestly, we toiled day and night, preparations (were) very perfect to make sure that we get a good result here in Port Harcourt, unfortunately, the referee denied us just that.“I don’t know any other thing to say than to go back and prepare very well because we have about three games to play to make sure that we finish at least second; so that we can get a continental ticket.” “Ibenegbu August 21” Audio Player00:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. 1. “Ibenegbu August 21”
Source: Eurosport ‘We want to play in big competitions’ – Jordan Ayew targets European spot with Crystal Palace Tags: Cristiano RonaldoJuventus FCPortugal ‘I’m happy at Crystal Palace’ – Jordan Ayew says amid transfer speculation Ivory Coast FA elections: Asamoah Gyan backs Didier Drogba Serie A was later postponed until at least April 3 as the country battles to contain the spread of the coronavirus.“Cristiano Ronaldo has not trained and remains in Madeira awaiting events to unfold with the current health emergency,” Juventus said in a statement following the squad’s training session on Wednesday. Ronaldo will now self-isolate in his home.Reports suggest the entire Juventus squad will spend two weeks in quarantine, leaving them unable to fulfill their Champions League last-16 second leg against Lyon on March 17.Rugani, a fringe player for Juventus, took to social media to say he was fine.“You’ve read the news, so I want to reassure everyone who’s worried about me, I’m fine,” he said on Twitter.“I urge everyone to respect the rules because this virus makes no distinction! Let’s do it for ourselves, for our loved ones and for those around us.” Cristiano Ronaldo is in quarantine on his native Madeira after Juventus teammate Daniele Rugani tested positive for coronavirus.The Portuguese forward, 35, flew home to visit his mother after Juventus’ 2-0 win over Inter Milan behind closed doors on Sunday. RelatedPosts
Fiji is threatening to boycott this year’s Glasgow Commonwealth Games after being told its high-profile rugby sevens side cannot take part, the Pacific island nation’s sports chief warned today.It comes just 10 days after Fiji was readmitted to the Games fold, ending years of isolation following a 2006 military coup.But the return was approved after the draw for Glasgow was completed, with the qualification rules making no provision for late entries. The Fiji netball team has been shut out for the same reason. Fiji are one of the biggest drawcards in world rugby sevens, winning Commonwealth silver in 1998 and 2002 and claiming bronze in Melbourne in 2006, the last time they competed in the event.”Our sevens rugby team has proven to the world by winning the World Cup twice that we can win medals at the Commonwealth Games,” Fiji Association of Sports and National Olympic Committee (Fasanoc) president Reg Sanday told AFP.”Imagine Brazil going to the Olympics without its football team or Jamaica running at the Games without world champion Usain Bolt? “Fasanoc will have a meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss a the boycott. We are upset by the decision by the Games committee to exclude our rugby sevens and netball teams.”In a letter to Fasanoc, Commonwealth Games Federation chief executive Michael Hooper said the Fiji rugby and netball teams could not be accepted because of “operational difficulties” in redoing the draws.The Commonwealth Games run from July 23 to August 3. – AFP, March 25, 2014.
Manchester United have agreed to sign Colombia striker Radamel Falcao in a £6m season-long loan deal from Monaco.Falcao, who must pass a medical, has been linked during the summer with a move away from the French Ligue 1 side, whom he joined for £50m in May 2013.Falcao has scored 11 goals in 20 appearances for Monaco, and has two in three games this season.The deal includes an option for United to buy the striker for 55m euros (£43.5m) at the end of the loan spell.Louis van Gaal’s side, like most of Europe’s top clubs, had been made aware of Falcao’s availability over the past 48 hours.Premier League champions Manchester City opted against pursuing a deal as they could not make space in their squad for the Colombian. Falcao had also been linked with Arsenal, as well as Italian champions Juventus and Spanish side Real Madrid.Rumours of a move to European champions Real gathered pace on Saturday when a comment on his official Twitter account, which was later deleted, read: “Dream come true #halamadrid”.In a later post Falcao indicated the first tweet was fake, saying: “I have to refute a story about a tweet I have not done and that is a photo montage.” Speculation over his future grew when he was dropped from Monaco’s squad shortly before Saturday’s draw against Lille, after being expected to start.Falcao has made three appearances in Ligue 1 this season, after returning from anterior cruciate ligament damage he sustained in January, which kept him out of this summer’s World Cup. He previously played for Portuguese side Porto and Spanish club Atletico Madrid, where he scored 35 goals in 46 league game.Manchester United boss Van Gaal has signed defenders Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo, midfielder Ander Herrera, and forward Angel Di Maria since he was appointed David Moyes’s successor earlier this year.Netherlands international Daley Blind is also close to joining the club after a £13.8m fee was agreed with Ajax for the defender.United have made a poor start to the Premier League season, collecting two points from three games, and scoring only twice.
The 3rd edition of the Legon Sharks Swimming Invitational Championship went on over the weekend at the University of Ghana, Legon Poolside. The competition was organised by the Legon Sharks Swim Club. The invitational championship was first established in 2016 and has been organised annually ever since. The aim of the competition is to create some form of recreation for kids and also to develop some talents in the process. Most of the participants have the opportunity to train so much in a year but there aren’t enough competitions in Ghana so this tournament gives them the platform to improve on their skills.This year’s event had different categories including 8 and under, 9 and 10, 11 and 12, 13 and 14, and 15 and over. The event was well attended as 7 swim clubs represented on the day. These clubs were Legon Sharks (hosts), Blue Fins, GH Dolphins, Lincoln Lions, Anopafins (Cape Coast), White Sharks and Ombi.After a successful event, Mr Major Carl Sabah, an organizer addressed the need for more support going forward. He said: “ We want the Legon Sharks Swimming Invitational Championship to be the flagship swimming event in Ghana. However, to achieve this we will need support from organizations and associations. Our biggest challenge this year was funding. Contributions by parents and swim clubs ensured that the competition could come on this year. In order for this competition to grow, we will need more financial support so that swimmers can use this platform to become the best in Africa.”—