Tag: 夜上海论坛WR

Transparency International did shoddy work, says GFA spokesperson

first_imgThe Ghana Football Association has reacted to Transparency International’s report in which the association scored zero marks on its four main pillars of transparency and accountability.The report said the GFA was a high-risk corruption association and also lacks transparency.The four pillars they looked at were, financial accounts, existence of code of conduct, annual activity reports and the existence of organizational charters and statutes.Their methodology for this research was to go on the various association’s websites and if the four pillars listed are not found there then it means there could be corruption in the affairs of the association.According to their report only fourteen out of FIFA’s 209 football associations – Canada, Denmark, England, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, the Republic of Ireland and Sweden – published the minimum amount of information necessary to let people know what they do, how they spend their money and what values they believe in.But the Ghana Football Association is unmoved by the report by Transparency international. For them, the work done by the renowned anti-corruption body is half-baked. “Transparency International has an office in Ghana, just some ten days ago we held our congress, submitted our financial report, activity report, our code of conduct is a public document and it is on sale and also available at the GFA library.”“Honestly I don’t put much on this report but it is a worry for us that they did not do a thorough job, for instance if you checked on our website and you did not see it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.”“So if you use this standard to judge it, you have done a shoddy job.”Asked what the GFA’s official position on this he noted: “We are looking through the report and we will send a response.”– Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more

Aaron Rodgers, 12 angry Packers call for change in powerful video: ‘Enough is enough’

first_imgAaron Rodgers’ teammates and head coach have his back and then some when it comes to his thoughtful leadership calling for racial equality and social justice.Following Rodgers’ strong message supporting all forms of protest in the wake of George Floyd’s killing and Saints quarterback Drew Brees’ misguided comments Wednesday night, the Packers put out the strongest team response yet from the NFL on Thursday morning. “Racism is taught and learned. It’s not something you’re born with. Let’s do a better job of educating our youth and younger people behind us,” Adams continues.”We need to come up with real solutions to make significant change. The right actions speak a lot louder than the right words,” LaFleur adds.Everyone is passionate and angry and not a second is wasted in demanding change and offering suggestions to the systemic problems, in both law enforcement and society at large. The Packers came together to pack a punch that no NFL team has been able to provide so far with a collective statement. Their strength in numbers should resonate throughout the league. Rodgers was joined by 11 of his Green Bay teammates and Matt LaFleur in a must-watch video posted on the team’s Twitter account. By position, they were running back Aaron Jones, wide receiver Davante Adams, tight end Marcedes Lewis, offensive linemen David Bakhtiari, Billy Turner and Corey Linsley, kicker Mason Crosby, defensive lineman Kenny Clark, linebacker Preston Smith and defensive backs Adrian Amos and Kevin King.🖤 https://t.co/iyAaVwgn52— Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12) June 4, 2020MORE: Aaron Rodgers: NFL protests have never been about the flagIn the video, titled “Enough is Enough,” the players start by sharing their embarrassment for the state of race in America and end by echoing each other with “it’s time for change.” “Antiquated laws and legislation need to be amended and repealed, especially those prejudicially biased toward people of color,” Rodgers says in the video.last_img read more

Swift response needed during flooding – Leguan residents …say improved defence structure a priority

first_imgAmid high tides last week which affected a large section of Guyana’s coast, residents of Leguan in the Essequibo River also faced the brunt of flooding.One resident, Somnauth Devar, reached out to Guyana Times and told of a number of complaints about their condition after the inundation. He shared that while assistance was brought to the coastland, his community waited for many days before any relief efforts.Last weekend, he said the island was hit by massive flooding along with other sections of the coastland. After severe overtopping for a few days, officials of the Civil Defence Commission would have visited Leguan and Wakenaam on Thursday, where assessments were undertaken.“We get the flood here and all. They come to see what damage we get Thursday but nobody said anything about the defence and how to fix it for the next time. The West Coast wasn’t the only affected place. We yard had high high water and we had to wait with no assistance. We needed somewhere to go until this water went away,” the resident related.He added that while sea defence works are ongoing in some parts of the island, there is much more to be done. In fact, he insisted that the current structure would be inadequate in a few years to support the magnitude of overtopping in the coming years.“Every year, what we seeing is that the tide coming bigger and bigger. So you can’t build back the same structure and expect that the people here would be safe. The seawall got to be higher to protect we. They just rebuilding the same thing that we had before…When the people from the Ministry come round the last time, people tell them about it”.According to other residents, persons residing in close proximity to the river were more severely affected than others.On September 28, residents in several coastal villages were under water from the unprecedented high tides, which lasted until Thursday. According to authorities, the communities in Regions Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam), Three (Essequibo Islands-West Demerara), Four (Demerara-Mahaica), Five (Mahaica-Berbice) and Six (East Berbice-Corentyne) were affected by the high water.Stakeholders from the various agencies met on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the damage from the floods and steps to be taken to prevent or alleviate similar impacts from another bout of high tides expected on October 26, 2019.Updating the media during the National Emergence Operation Centre meeting, Senior Response Officer, Capt Salim October, revealed that across the coastline, a total distance of approximately 148 kilometres were impacted by the floods, including some 65 communities across the various regions with Three and Five facing the severity of the floods.According to October, the impacts in Region Five were exacerbated by breached sea defence.Nevertheless, he noted that assessments thus far reveal that approximately 400 households were flooded, causing items to be damaged. He added too that affected persons have also suffered the loss of cash crops as well as livestock including poultry and cattle, especially in Region Five.“Salt water accumulation did not only affect homes but the impacts were also to pasture lands that small- and large-scale ruminants are required to graze. There were noted sea defence structure breaches and overtopping of sea and river defences, which would’ve caused heightened levels of erosion. As well as noted, damage to agriculture inputs and by extension, the cascading effect of that is for loss of usual livelihood, and at this point potential livelihood – particularly, compromised rice crops from salt water accumulation,” he was quoted as saying.last_img read more