Category: isdfaklhxsqe

Appreciation breakfast

first_img TAGS  Facebook Appreciation breakfast Pinterest Pinterest By Digital AIM Web Support – February 24, 2021 Trina Morales serves food. La Margarita Restaurant hosted an annual Public Safety Appreciation Breakfast for first responders at the La Margarita Festival Grounds Monday morning, July 10, 2018. La Margarita Restaurant will host its annual Public Safety Appreciation Breakfast from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. July 9 at La Margarita festival grounds, 1257 W. Monahans St. The event is free and is open only to law enforcement and first responders. Facebookcenter_img Local News WhatsApp WhatsApp Previous articleEzekiel GalvanNext articleWinning numbers drawn in ‘Lotto’ game Digital AIM Web Support Twitter Twitterlast_img read more

Rents rise by 3.2% to an average of 509 in Co Donegal

first_imgHomepage BannerNews Previous articleWork to resume on Harps stadium this summerNext articleLetterkenny litter warden says dog fouling a continuing problem admin Twitter Facebook Pinterest Twitter WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal By admin – May 11, 2015 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry center_img Pinterest Google+ The cost of renting in Co Donegal is on the rise – but the rate of increase was only slight in the first three months of this year.According to the latest rental report by Daft.ie, rents were up 3.2% in Co Donegal, with the average cost 509 a month here.Nationally, the cost of renting rose in every county, with a national average increae of 8.2%.Ronan Lyons is from Daft.ie:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ronan.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Google+ WhatsApp Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Rents rise by 3.2% to an average of 509 in Co Donegal RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Pennsylvania school district that threatened to place children in foster care now accepting CEO’s offer to settle lunch debt

first_imgABC News(PHILADELPHIA) — A Pennsylvania school district that threatened to have children placed in foster care if their parents’ didn’t pay outstanding lunch tabs has now accepted a businessman’s offer to cover the cost after initially rejecting the offer.Joseph Muth, director of the Wyoming Valley West School District’s federal programs, told ABC News last week that the warning letter was sent to dozens of parents, saying that the district was owed around $22,476 in lunch money. He described the letter as “over the top” and as a mistake, but suggested that the district would explore other options to get repaid.Todd Carmichael, the CEO and co-founder of La Colombe Coffee Roasters, which is headquartered in Philadelphia, said he offered to give the school district over $22,000 to settle students’ massive lunch debt on Monday, after learning about a letter sent to parents earlier this month that threatened children could be “taken from your home and placed in foster care” if their tab wasn’t paid.But the district’s school board president, Joseph Mazur, initially refused the proposition in a telephone conversation on Monday, arguing that the lunch money is owed by parents who can afford to pay, according to Carmichael’s spokesman Aren Platt.Mazur later changed his mind, saying in a statement Wednesday afternoon that the school district would like to “acknowledge” Carmichael’s “generous offer.”The school board decided to accept the donation after discussions with Wyoming Valley West Educational Foundation President Michael Plaksin and all members of the school board, Mazur said. The funds will be directed to the foundation to “eliminate the debt owed by parents.”Mazur, on behalf of the school board, also “sincerely” apologized for the tone of the letter sent to parents regarding the lunch debt.“It wasn’t the intention of the district to harm or inconvenience any of the families of our school district,” he said.Mazur also thanked all of the concerned citizens who offered donations to whittle down the debt.More than 14% of people living within the school district are below the poverty line, about 10% higher than the overall number across the state of Pennsylvania, according to the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau.“I think it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to put A and B together here to realize that these people are struggling,” Carmichael said in an interview with ABC Philadelphia station WPVI on Tuesday night. “We’re shaming people who are struggling, and that’s immoral and that’s just wrong.”In a letter sent to local newspapers on Monday and later provided to ABC News, Carmichael said he felt he “had to do something” to help because he received free meals at school as a child when his mother struggled to make ends meet.“I know what it means to be hungry. I know what it means to feel shame for not being able to afford food,” he wrote. “I worked with my team to reach out to the school district to let them know we were eager to donate the full amount outstanding.”For the first time, the school district will qualify for the Community Eligibility Program, which will allow all students to receive free breakfast and lunch for the next five years, regardless of income, Mazur said.“No student was ever denied a meal for lack of payment,” Mazur said.In his letter to local newspapers, Carmichael said the offer still stood and urged the school board president to reconsider.“Mr. Mazur, I am offering to pay this debt in full,” he wrote. “By saying no, you are not just shaming families who elected you, but you are placing this burden on [Wyoming Valley West] taxpayers, and that is completely unfair.”The school board did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment Wednesday.Sen. Bob Casey of Pennsylvania weighed in on Twitter, saying “these letters were callous and should never have happened.”“Moving forward,” Casey tweeted, “the School District has an obligation to find an appropriate way to collect these funds, instead of using threats.”Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

OUSU Letting Agency proposed

first_imgOUSU heard proposals last week which could lead to the creation of an OUSU Letting Agency, to cater specifically to Oxford students.Based on the model of Cardiff Student Lettings, run by Cardiff University Student Union, the proposed agency would connect students with existing rental properties, but only would only include landlords who had signed up to a code of standards put forward by OUSU. A significant number of Oxford undergraduates have to rent accommodation privately at some stage in their degrees, as at least 15 undergraduate colleges and permanent private halls cannot guarantee accommodation for the duration of all courses. The motion at last week’s OUSU council meeting was proposed by Clubs and Socs officer Jacob Diggle. He commented, “Where we live has a massive impact on our university experience – in terms of finances, welfare, academic performance etc. A large number of colleges do not provide accommodation for all the years of a student’s course and so many are forced into the private rental market. This problem is particularly acute for graduates, mature students, international students, students with children etc – all groups currently receiving the least support from OUSU.“The University and colleges will never be able to provide enough space for every student and the private market is an essential tool, but it is unacceptable for letting agents to exploit this demand by telling students to camp outside their offices for days, or provide huge bonds in order to secure a house.”Cardiff Student Lettings was set up 4 years ago, providing a free service for students but charging landlords an agency fee. The agency has made a profit every year since it began, and it was suggested that OUSU might be able to earn money from the project to fund other student support services. The council resolved to look into both profit making and not-for-profit options.Diggle told Cherwell, “As well as providing vastly increased protection for student tenants and charging them no fees, the [Cardiff] agency made £100,000 profit last year. Rather than commanding JCRs to push for a rent freeze, setting up an OUSU Letting Agency seems to be a much more effective tool for improving students’ accommodation.”OUSU Rent and Accommodation Officer Eleanor Brown is currently investigating the logistics of establishing the agency, and expects to have completed an initial report by 6th week of this term. She told Cherwell, “You do find that students are exploited by landlords.” She also agreed that the problem is particularly prevalent for graduate students and international students.The NUS already has a series of guidelines for student housing providers, but Diggle claims these are often ignored by landlords and agents in Oxford. OUSU has also been planning to release a code of standards for landlords and letting agencies next term, and these will now be considered alongside plans for the agency. Oxford Brookes currently runs a similar scheme to the proposal, linking students with a number of privately let residences each year through their ‘Stu-Rental’ shop.Opinions at the meeting were divided on the proposal, with the primary concerns being the feasibility and financing of the initiative. Diggle suggested that with some research OUSU could make a strong enough proposal to the university to be awarded a grant for the start-up costs, however OUSU President Martha Mackenzie responded that it could be difficult to secure funding at this time. Tom Beamont, JCR Vice-President and accommodation representative at Pembroke, commented, “Anything which improves the student experience of rental is obviously a good thing, especially any move towards reducing the extortionate agency fees paid by students in Oxford.”last_img read more

BREAKING NEWS: Eagles Receive At-Large Bid to NCAA II Regionals

first_imgThe 12th-ranked University of Southern Indiana men’s basketball team received an at-large bid to the NCAA Division II Tournament and will play in the Midwest Regional, which is scheduled for March 11-14 in Louisville, Kentucky. The regional is being hosted by fourth-ranked and top-seeded Bellarmine University. Ticket prices and information will be released on Monday.The Screaming Eagles (25-4) return to the NCAA Division II Tournament for the first time since 2014 and are making their 20th regional appearance in the last 25 seasons. USI, the 1995 NCAA II National Champion, has appeared in the NCAA II Tournament 25 times in the history of the program and has a record of 31-27 in tournament play.The Eagles are the third seed in the regional and start national tournament action Saturday at 1:30 p.m. (CST) when they take on sixth-seeded University of Findlay (23-6). USI has played Findley in the NCAA II Midwest Regional twice in the history of the program, going 1-1 (win in 2003-04, 75-67; loss in 2008-09, 81-59). The Eagles are 2-1 all-time against Findlay.In addition to the USI-Findlay match-up, the top half of the bracket features second-seeded Ferris State University (27-4) against seventh-seeded Truman State University (22-9) with an 11 a.m. (CST) tip off Saturday.The bottom half of the regional bracket includes Bellarmine (28-3) hosting eighth-seeded University of Wisconsin-Parkside (22-7) at 5 p.m. (CST). The final first round game has with seventh-ranked and fourth-seeded Kentucky Wesleyan College (28-2) playing fifth-seeded Quincy University (24-6) at 7:30 p.m. (CST).The semifinals will be played Sunday (March 12) at 4 p.m. (CDT) and 6:30 p.m. (CDT), while the regional championship game is scheduled for March 14 at 6 p.m. (CDT). FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailSharelast_img read more

Fabulous frangipanes

first_imgOur Fruit Frangipane won us the New Baked Product Award at the Baking Industry Awards a few years ago. This simple recipe is a variation of a classical fruit and almond tart and has a shelf life of two or three days. A selection displayed in a shop window makes for a very attractive seasonal display.IngredientsSweet pastry (enough for an 8-inch flan case)Frangipane mix (see recipe on pg 28)Apricot jamFruit (plums)Flaked almonds to decorateMethod1. Line an 8-inch ring or flan case with sweet pastry (about 3mm thick.) Trim off the excess with a knife.2. Fill a piping bag with apricot jam and pipe out a thin layer. Use bake-stable jam if possible.3. Fill piping bag with the frangipane mix and pipe out an even layer about two-thirds the depth of the ring. This prevents spillage during the baking process.4. Slice the fruit (plums) in half and remove the stones. Slice as shown, from approximately two-thirds the way through to the tips. This makes the fruit “fan” when baking.5. Lay out the fruit in concentric circles, bedding down only slightly. The plums will sink into the mix as the tart cooks.6. Make sure that the fruit is nicely covering the surface of the tart. In this picture, apricots are used.7. Bake at 170ºC for approximately 35 minutes until the frangipane mix is golden. Leave to cool.8. Glaze with apricot glaze. You can either use gel spray or boil a little apricot jam and brush it over the surface of tart.9. Top with flaked almonds.VariationsWe use plum, apricot, fig, pear, apple, cherry, and rhubarb. They can also be made to any size or individually in foil tins (see below).Frangipane recipe ingredientsSugar 500gAlmonds 500gEggs 9Flour 300g1. Beat the sugar and ground almonds in a mixer, until creamy.2. Slowly add the eggs, beating continuously.3. Stop the machine and add the flour. Mix as little as possible until the flour is just absorbed. Any longer will toughen the mixture.last_img read more

Bakery chain uses tech to tackle waste and stock

first_imgBakery chain Chatwins, will roll out a new point-of-sale solution to improve stock management and customer experience.The bakery will use hardware from Digipos – Omnico Group’s retail hardware business – and software from C2Epos to reach its goals.The technology will allow the bakery to predict sales to minimise wastage, and will be deployed to over 25 bakeries in the next six months. The system is already in use at Chatwins bakery in Nantwich.The company’s aim is to use the technology to reduce the cost of raw materials over the next 12 months by using bakery-specific features of the C2Epos point-of-sale software linked to its existing production management system. The system will take into account detailed centralised web-based sales analysis and shop ordering, wastage entry, delivery and stock information, all entered at the till point.Edward Chatwin, chairman and managing director of Chatwins Bakery, said: “My family has been producing and selling baked products for over 100 years and I’m passionate about maintaining my family’s success by future-proofing the business. By combining Digipos hardware with C2Epos software, we have been able to update our payment system, which will ultimately help us provide a better service to our loyal customers.”Jeremy Westcott, partner of C2Epos, added: “Choosing the correct hardware is critical to an EPoS system. Ensuring optimal performance and reliability are key to the overall solution for which the Digipos hardware delivers on all points. Digipos has shown consistent commitment to the project and we look forward to working with them on future projects, especially in the retail bakery sector.”Justin Foster, channel sales manager of Digipos, commented: “Two things are important from a bakery’s perspective: a good quality, consistent product and great customer service. Technology plays its part here by making sure that stock and inventory are handled efficiently, as well as improving the speed and accuracy at checkout to enhance the level of customer service. Together with C2Epos we’re helping to make this happen at Chatwins Bakery and we’re delighted to be a part of this change as the company paves the way for the next 100 years of illustrious history.”C2Epos is an electronic solution provider used in the hospitality, retail and hotel industries.last_img read more

Show Some Skin, student government to host Notre Dame: Unfiltered

first_imgShow Some Skin and student government have partnered to lead “Notre Dame: Unfiltered” to connect students with campus resources surrounding important issues, the organizations announced in a press release Thursday.According to the release, the event “will share stories of identity and direct students to the many resources regarding race, socioeconomic status, sexual violence, mental health, faith and LGBTQ+ life at Notre Dame.” It will take place Sept. 12 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the LaFortune Student Center. A student ID is required to attend.The show will combine previous Show Some Skin monologues with discussions, in four 30-minute sections. Leaders from various student groups will guide the conversations with small groups and discuss resources regarding the topics of the shows. A total of 14 additional organizations will sponsor the event alongside student government and Show Some Skin.Tags: Notre Dame: Unfiltered, show some skin, Student governmentlast_img read more

Watch Laura Benanti Parody Melania Trump

first_img Laura Benanti Star Files Fresh off of her vanilla ice cream-sweet run in She Loves Me, Laura Benanti is rocking the late night circuit. Back in March, the Tony winner showed off her uncanny Melania Trump impersonation; in real-life, the wife of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has recently become the caught up in some controversy. Following her Republican National Convention speech on July 18, Mrs. Trump has been accused of plagiarizing bits from First Lady Michelle Obama’s appearance at the 2008 Democratic National Convention. As a result, Melania Trump a.k.a. Broadway fave Benanti took the podium on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to address the critics. “I learned honesty during my humble upbringing…in West Philadelphia born and raised,” she joked, clearly quoting the famous Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song, among a slew of famous sayings. Benanti’s certainly got our vote! Watch the full parody below. View Comments Laura Benantilast_img read more

Man Found on LIE in Holbrook Dies

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A 52-year-old man who was found in the the middle of the Long Island Expressway in Holbrook early Wednesday morning later died, Suffolk County police said.The man, whose identity was not immediately available, was found on the left shoulder between the center median and the HOV lane between exits 60 and 61 on the eastbound side of the roadway, but not in a driving lane, at 5:30 a.m., police said.He was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he later died.  The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office will perform an autopsy to determine the man’s cause of death.Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation.The LIE was closed in both directions for a half hour while investigators were on the scene. The HOV and left lanes were closed for more than two hours.last_img read more